2012-05-03

I will no longer advocate NPT; I concede

May 3, 2012 at 12:20 pm

As the resident Truth & Shadows champion of NPT (no planes theory), I now concede the point and will no longer be advocating it. My heartfelt apologies to this forum and to any participants whom I may have skewered with my NPT rhetoric.

Mr. OneSliceShort's excellent postings on Pilots For 9/11 Truth refute with evidence, science, and proper analysis everything that had duped me the last 4 years or so into believing the NPT.


My belief was primarily based on the work of September Clues. I recognized going into it and throughout my tenure in championing it that some crafty disinformation was at play, only (a) the counter-arguments to NPT were weak, non-convincing, and mostly ad hominem bluster and (b) I was needing assistance in spotting those disinformation nuggets, what with video techniques not being my forte. My direct interactions with Mr. Shack and his clues forum were easier to take apart as not being truthful of the big picture, thereby further raising my hackles that I was being duped by NPT.

This being said, September Clues should not be taken off the table. Why?

First and foremost, it needs to be held up as an excellent example of purposeful disinformation. It wasn't cheap. A lot of money and effort were spent in making it, promoting it, and maintaining the September Clues website. It was very crafty.

Secondly and probably more importantly, nuggets of truth remain in September Clues that need to be mined, refined, and re-purposed. At the moment, I lack the time to view all episodes 1-9 and A-H again for this purpose. My comments are based on what I can recall.

A particularly glaring nugget of truth was the active role of the corporate media in the 9/11 ruse from the onset. Control of the media is a military objective, and this was evident by the amount of footage sharing between the networks. After-the-fact is one thing, but they were doing it with live shots that were cut in. They were actively framing the shock-and-awe.

Another nugget was the extremely large banners that they put under images to obscure what viewers would see (or record). And after all this time, the media hasn't been releasing source footage without such obnoxious banners.

Manipulation of imagery did happen. To what extent? I don't know. But to sweep September Clues off the table prematurely without a proper analysis of both technical nits as well as overarching concepts plays into the hands of disinformation. [In fact, Mr. Shack and Mr. OneBornFree stilted and obtuse methods of arguing "all was fake; false in one, false in all" instead of more rational and defendable arguments of "some was fake" could be viewed as crafty plays to get objective readers to dismiss seriously considering the whole genre and thereby dismiss nuggets of truth that might not otherwise be recognized and known.]

Meanwhile, parallels between September Clues and Dr. Wood's textbook (the remaining hobby-horse I ride) exist, although that pony is lame in one hoof and I know it. Before it gets put down, nuggets of truth must be preserved.

++++++

For those curious, the stats for ~865 were:
hybridrogue1: ~273 (31.5%)
Jim Fetzer: ~176 (20%)
Craig McKee: ~84 (9.7%)
OneSliceShort: ~79 (9.1%)
keenanroberts: ~58 (6.7%)
Señor El Once: ~39 (4.5%)
TheFacts says: 15 (1.7%)

When considering what got me to change my tune, it was none of Mr. HybridRogue's 31.5%, Dr. Fetzer's 20%, or Mr. Roberts 6.7%. Credit goes to Mr. OneSliceShorts modest 9.1%.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WordPress initiated a censorship action by removing access to Truth & Shadows. Truth & Shadows was resurrected. The new URL to the source discussion is similar to the old, except remove "wordpress" and argument to a comment ID (different in new database.)

https://truthandshadows.com/2012/05/02/consensus-911-panel-resignations/#comment-5435

//